They say it’s the journey that counts, right?

I rode my bike (and ferried a bit, since there’s no bike path over the Bay Bridge—yet!) from Oakland to Ross and back today, yet somehow I managed not to take a single picture along the way. In lieu of any photos of, say, the cute mama and baby deer that I saw grazing next to each other on a slope near Sausalito, you get to look at a screenshot of the route from Gmaps Pedometer instead. (I’m going to make myself a T-shirt: “I went all the way to Marin County, and all I got was this lousy Google Maps screenshot.”)

11 Responses to “They say it’s the journey that counts, right?”

1. Carol says:

That was a serious ride. I’m curious, however, why you picked Ross as a destination.

2. AlexAG says:

Re “T-Shirt” : LMAO!!!

Carol: I was under the mistaken impression that I could dress for less there. Actually, I was escorting someone to Larkspur (he’s now on a far more serious ride up to Mendocino or Humboldt and back), but we got there early so we decided to venture a bit further into central Marin before circling back to Larkspur and parting ways.

AlexAG: I’ll have one made for you too: “David went to Ross and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.”

4. Carol says:

That’s funny. Going to Ross for bargains is not advice I would have given you, however. Props to your long-riding companion.

Impressive ride .Whenever I see Mill Valley on a map that awful song of schoolchildren singing about it that was a radio hit around 1970? enters my brainwaves.I love kids but that song just grates on me.

The teacher-songwriter now has a website, of course. And Francis Ford Coppola apparently warmed up for directing The Godfather by directing a music video of “Mill Valley”:

I am with Jabel — this is a tuneless, meaningless jingle.

8. AlexAG says:

Hee Hee Hee…
    Will I get to see the “David went to Ross and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.” ??

AG: That might have to wait until the next time I’m in Ross, which could be years from now. Meanwhile, you might want to get yourself a T-shirt which says, “David went to Ross and I didn’t even get a lousy T-shirt. I had to buy this one myself.”

10. AlexAG says:

Okeyyyyyyy

11. avoice1 says:

The Richmond-Marin Co. bridge is the John Knox Freeway? How’s it free? It’ four bucks to get into Marin Co. right?